Lots of articles are written across the web about how one can use WordPress Multisite capabilities to power several blogs from one installation. This feature comes from WPMU being merged into WP. Recently I was working with a client, which was stucked in between of the process of setting up and wanted me to complete it.
Removing WordPress Multisite data was a new subject and Google search gave nothing useful, so I am sharing on how you can remove WordPress Multisite data completely incase you don’t want it or you want to re-install with a fresh state or whatever.
- Remove all the lines added to wp-config.php
- Revert back to older .htaccess file or delete it and regenrate it by going to Settings >Permalinks
- Remove the two fields added to the users table that are multisite-only (deleted and spamcolumns).
- Remove the following tables in database (prefixed by your DB prefix which is generally wp_):
- wp_sitecategories (if you have global terms enabled)
Now you have a clean WordPress install without any trace of Multisite data. Let me know if you have any questions
There are no revisions for this post.